Love and Thank You


It's easy when one is ill to look at the world and either feel that there is nothing to feel thankful for or fail to recognise that love comes in many forms. One of my gym friends told me that he'd be keeping me in his prayers and I said that I would truly appreciate that. I, in turn, told him that I would be keeping him, his wife and their child in mine. He asked me why I would do that. I told him that we all need to look after each other in this life and it was an easy thing to do. The care and love between us all could even be shared without even saying a word.

This gym friend was also someone I randomly came up to about three years ago and thanked because he inspired me to find my focus and keep working at my goal. Mind you, this friend is an incredibly beautiful man and I should be so lucky to be him in any way, but I am me. So... I told him that I felt it was wrong to be inspired by him and to take the energy that he was putting out into the universe without saying "thank you". He was taken aback by this act, but was really happy to be thanked for just being himself.

You should really try a random "thanking" sometime. Most people have responded well to it and it really made their days, but some just looked at me as if I had soap bubbles pouring out of my ears. Some you win and some you lose. At least you tried.

Another person I thanked was my Facebook buddy, Tony. Tony was responsible for remixing a ton of songs in the late 80s through the 90s and I loved them. I sent him a friend request on the Book of Faces and he accepted. It's absolutely amazing that we live in a time when we are able to connect one-on-one with people we admire and whose work we love! Anyhow... one evening I happened to see post by Tony. He was doubting his abilities to make music that mattered and didn't think that what he was doing was good enough. I posted a response and told him how one of his productions was the first thing I moved my broken body to after I began to heal post-radiation. His music gave me life again. It was his love for his craft--his passion that I felt and it was wonderful. And for this, I again said "thank you". Tony didn't realise how much of an impact his music truly had on someone... anyone. The love I felt in that track from 1992 reached me in 2015 and I came alive again. Love comes in many forms and Tony didn't even need to say a word for me to appreciate his love. 

When you are feeling your worst, find someone or something that inspires you to get through a moment, an hour, a day or through the whole of your treatment or "cancer adventure". And if you get a chance to say "thank you" to that person, DO IT!

This world could do with a lot more love and "thank you".

Comments

  1. (((Dale))) You inspire me anytime i see you bright smiling face on the FB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just do what I've gotta do and be what I've gotta be!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts