Things you say to people you don't know because you're shameless...

"Hello... this is Carol from Dr. N's office. Is this Dale?"

"Oh hi, Carol! Yes, this is Dale! How are you doing today?"

"I'm doing wonderful, thank you!"

"That's fantastic... now what can I do you for?"

"Well, I'm calling you about your surgery tomorrow. The doctor has you as the first one on his docket. What that means is you will need to be at Building P at 5:15 tomorrow morning. You will have your surgery at 7:15 or maybe earlier! Do you have any questions for me?"

"Yes. Yes, I do! 5:15 is really really early. Now, will I be getting an 'alert and fresh doctor' or an 'oh, dear God... get the doctor some more coffee doctor' at that hour?"

"Oh, he will most certainly fresh and alert."

"Great! That's fantastic. I just had a 50th birthday and it's anybody's guess what part of my body will be up and alert in the morning anymore. Well... I guess I will be seeing you in the morning!"

G'night everybody!

Comments

  1. Thank you "unknown"! I look at opportunities like this one as a chance to experience something I never thought I would and also an opportunity to meet new people.

    Oh, how I see the world...

    YIKES!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts