When you're alone, and life is making you lonely You can always go ____________.

If you know the Petula Clark song, you are probably inclined to finish that phrase with "downtown". The reason I left that blank is because I want you to put your own spin on that.

I often retreat into my fertile imagination when I meditate. Being a massive Star Wars and comic book geek, characters and situations from those universes tend to populate my fantasies as I think about how my body is battling the alien within. I call my supporters "my army" and I know I have one of the best around. They are always there for me and cheering me on. Prayers come my way and I embrace them. I also make sure that each person who sends a piece of themselves along to me is thanked and told how much they are appreciated. 

I often envision myself on a mission, not unlike the one in Rogue One when the Rebel forces are on Scariff and trying to steal the Death Star plans from the citadel tower. I imagine all of my friends and family as soldiers who are there to make sure I complete this mission. I imagine that my pain is a result of a foreign chemical agent that has been unleashed into the air by an unseen enemy, trying to prevent me from reaching the goal. 

The prayers and energy I receive from others and the chemotherapy I have from my doctors are the bacta (a liquid healing agent in the Star Wars universe). Chaos surrounds me and things try to distract me, but I have to stay on mission. 

I don't want to choose your place for you. I want you to find one of your passions or interests and even just in your mind, go there. 

If you like music, create a song that pulls the distress you are feeling out of your body. Let the notes get carried along on the wind and let them take the cancer from you. 

If you like sports, imagine playing in a match and countering your opponent as the game dictates.

Don't limit yourself to the confines to the humdrum. When you need a break, just lay back and heal yourself from within and know that you are receiving so much love from around you. 

Complete your mission. Be your own hero. I believe in you!

Comments

Popular Posts