Because I can't do anything normal...

This will be a short entry only because it can honestly be summed up as "I'm a weirdo". 

Those of you with Multiple Myeloma may be familiar with the monitoring of your M-proteins through blood and urine collections. Unfortunately, I am not one of those people whose M-proteins can be tracked in such a fashion. I am, what they term, a non-secreter. What that means is that my body does not pass the protein and that every time they need to check, they have to perform a bone marrow biopsy. For those of you who've had one, you know they are a lot of fun. And I say that with much sarcasm. The plus side of this condition, however, is that my kidneys aren't taxed by the massive amounts of protein being processed in them. 

Over the last couple years, my doctor has been quite confident that an annual bone marrow biopsy and full body bone surveys were the way to keep an eye on what was going on. That and the monitoring of the various numbers in my blood work that could provide clues into what may be happening with the presence of cancer in my body. 

Since the "event" that occurred between the end of April and the beginning of June this year, we may need to reassess that whole process. Dr. V said he was well pissed off about what had happened because the presence of disease in my body is well under 10%. This should not have caused the eruptions that damaged my arm. We've scheduled another bone survey and bone marrow biopsy for mid-October and will see how things are going. He is utterly confounded by this as things just don't line up. Once again, I just can't do anything normal. Hold that place for me in The Unexplained Files!


Comments

Popular Posts