Leaving on a jet plane...

So, right! It's been a while since we sat and had a little chat, my dear reader chums. Not a whole lot has happened on getting myself established as a new patient (for the sole sake of getting on a list for calls should a clinical trial open up for people like me) because the folks at Mount Sinai received my information release forms, but never told us that they didn't get my medical records (which, by the way were faxed). I wrote them to see if they got them and they said they didn't, so the were once again faxed over by the lovely Nurse Janice. I e-mailed them again three days later to ask if they received the records and they said they had. GREAT!

Three more weeks pass and I didn't hear back from them--no placement with a physician and no appointment set up. That warrants at least another e-mail, which they got. Four days later, I get a call from Mount Sinai. The lady on the phone tells me that she received my release of information form, which I attached again to the e-mail so they knew who I was... you know, in case they forgot. I ask if she has my medical records there and she says that they never received them. We are not off to a good start! I inform her that I received a confirmation that they had in fact been received and gave her the name of the person with whom I'd been corresponding. Apparently, she was not in yesterday. That doesn't explain why in the last three weeks they didn't pass them along, but right now that's not my problem. 

By the end of the phone call, I had an appointment for the morning of April 11 (they originally wanted me there on March 23, but that was not happening). Off I got to New York City for a two-day (almost) trip! I'll been in late on Tuesday evening, staying through Wednesday evening so I can take Lou's cousins out to dinner for being such gracious hosts and letting me stay with them, and returning sometime early Thursday. This means I will get to have a little walk around time in the City on Wednesday arvo as well and that will be a nice break. I hope the weather cooperates.

The thing that makes this appointment so bittersweet is that I was hoping to make this trip with Gina. I thought this was something else that we could do together to continue the journey. *sigh*

That's the latest and greatest, kids. Thanks for having a a quick read on my updates!!

Comments

Popular Posts