Waiting and waiting and waiting some more...


It's February and there's nothing of note going on. We've just come through a massive polar vortex that blessed us with subzero temperatures. That particular mess was followed by a couple days of springlike temperatures (I'm talking low 60s here... and about 16 C for those who do Celsius). All of this seems perfectly normal when you are dealing with a rotating cast of sensations caused by one's illness--the constant back and forth of something new to show up after the blink. 

I started my new chemo regimen a few months ago and the numbers in my recent blood draws look good. I cautioned my oncologist about going by the numbers because they looked good right before we found out from my last bone marrow biopsy that things had greatly deteriorated. Through the holidays there was waiting and waiting and waiting some more. 

I am presently dealing with "something" going on with my right eye. I'm not sure if it is related to my meds or if it is a mass of shoulder tension that's been giving me headaches for the last few days--or something else. I'll mention this to my nurse tomorrow. One of the questions they like to ask is if there are any changes to my vision. This week, I can say "yes!" I have a massage on Saturday, so that might alleviate the issue. We'll see. Until then, it's waiting and waiting and waiting some more. 

One of the big things I've been waiting for is my next bone marrow biopsy, which has been scheduled for bright and early on Presidents' Day. From that, we should be able to see if the new meds are working or if we need to explore other therapies for my buddy, Multiple Myeloma. 

I hope they are working because I'm starting to get used to the occasional headaches I now get and also the erasure of some of the side effects from Revlimid. That and it would be nice to not have to worry about anything for a while. Not that I really worry about anything, but I'd rather not have to go around making sure everyone else is going to be okay with the change in... well, anything

To be continued...

Comments

Popular Posts