Daratumumab: Day One...

Han squinted up at the dim form above him. "I can't see...," He was, understandably, disoriented after being having been in suspended animation for six of this desert planet's months--a period that was, to him, timeless.

Boushh tried to reassure him. "You're free of the carbonite and have hibernation sickness. Your eyesight will return in time..."

Later...

"I think my eyesight is getting better," Han said, squinting over the sand. "Instead of a big dark blur, I see a big bright blur."

"Believe me, you're not missing anything." Luke smiled.

- excerpt, Return of the Jedi - by James Kahn   

Okay, I didn't lose my eyesight, but I do have a bit of blurry vision. I can read things in front of me a little better and I can read the things in front of me much better than I had in months, my computer screen looks... "fine", but I definitely need my distance glasses on to see across the room, something I previously only needed to drive on some days.I woke up this morning and it was considerably better than last night, so that's good news.

All in all, yesterday went fine. It also flew by quite quickly. Between the podcasts, the hourly checks on the flow and the hourly bathroom visits on the 45-minute mark of every hour, the day went quickly. 

I was thrilled that I didn't experience the itching or the sensation of my throat collapsing due to my very first Daratumumab However, the nurses were a little grumpy that I didn't call them when I had a slight reaction to the infusion. Mind you, I was fully familiar with these reactions with my Kyprolis infusions; I would get chills, experience shivering and body aches. I'd learnt that I could mitigate these side effects by using meditation and raising my body temperature by bundling up in blankets. The sensation only lasted 10 minutes as opposed to the Kyprolis-induced sensation that lasted 30 to 40 minutes about 8 hours after the infusion.

I think the funniest part of the infusion was that I received liquid Dexamethasone in conjunction with the pills I took at home as a part of my Friday regimen. Thank goodness they also plied me with a high dose of liquid Benadryl and that seemed to help level things out a bit. I can't imagine how much more insufferable I would have been without those two things working together!

That being said, I managed to receive both infusions and arrived back at home by 3:30 PM. I'd say it was a pretty good day. We'll see how things go next week when I have my next long infusion. 

Until next time, love to you all!

                  

Comments

Popular Posts