Daratumumab: Day Seventeen (this is a short one)

FUN FACT: Daratumumab makes it practically impossible to type a person's blood. It "erases" the markers that allow one's blood to be identified. 

So here we are... three infusions down and after-effects of the infusions are still lingering. Yes, I am happy to report that the effects are not as severe as they were two weeks ago or even last week. Still, they remain. 

I felt pretty good on Saturday as the Dexamethasone continued to course through my body and alleviate some of the unpleasant sensations contained within it. 

Sunday started off fine enough, but by the time the late afternoon rolled around, I was back to experiencing a stiff neck, tight back muscles and that weird sensitive skin. As I headed to bed, I took note of sore joints an achy lower back and muscle aches. That made sleep challenging to say the least. 

I woke up this morning and I am firmly back in the land of "I feel like I have the flu." Again, it's not quite as severe as it was in previous weeks, but today is definitely going to be a struggle. But, for what it's worth, the presence of "blood slugs" is less than in previous weeks as well. I guess that's progress.

We shall see how next week goes...


Comments

Popular Posts