Ten Days...


This entry has taken me at least thirty attempts over ten random days to start. My energy is starting to flag a little today and I am due for another blood transfusion tomorrow. Before I lose focus, which has been quite easy to do these days, I would like to start with this:

Thank you to all of you who sent messages, 
cards and various forms of support or made contributions. Thank you for bringing us things to fill our pantry and for sending thoughtful gifts of every variety to keep me comfortable, entertained, and firmly on the road to wellness. I only succeed in this journey because of you. I literally owe my life to you... again.

With that, things continue to improve, albeit slowly. My body still isn't producing the blood products I need in the quantities to keep me afloat. I am going to Cleveland Clinic a few times a week for platelets and blood transfusions. One good sign is that my stamina is up for longer periods after each transfusion. I am setting goals for myself: walking up flights of stairs, walking longer and longer distances, and even doing little chores around the house. So far, so good.

It will still be a while before we know how all of this is coming together. It is still undetermined how long it will be before I can go back to work. That's one of the things I was told to play by ear. 

The portions of my face that were numb are still numb. They now think it might be as a result of a pinched nerve. They've done a number of CT scans on me for other reasons that they can rule out the numbness being caused by a brain anomaly.

Dr. V and Nurse Janice will be sending me to physical therapy before allowing me to reenter regular activity. They cautioned me that losing 20 pounds of muscle can be dangerous if not handled properly on the other side. I appreciate all the care they are taking with my recovery because they are looking at things from all angles. They want me to succeed and emerge better than I was. I want that too.

On one final note, we were watching WandaVision last week and we got to the final scene of that episode. I turned to Lou and said, "this scene is difficult for me to watch because visually that is what I feel like inside right now." That will give you an idea of how bleak things were...


Thank you again for everything if you've somehow contributed to my recovery. None of us walks this life alone and it's better together.

Love, love, love to you all.

X

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts